What’s on the agenda this month:
- There is a potential contract for substitute teachers which would outsource that entirely to Parallel Employment Group. Current IPS subs will be “grandfathered in” at their current pay rate but new subs will be paid substantially less than what IPS had paid.
- The IDOE’s new “student-centered” accountability model is explained HERE.
- There is an UPDATE on the performance of Emma Donnan, now operated by Charter Schools USA through an Innovation Partnership.
- The budget for the 2016-2017 school year will be discussed. I found this particular line item shocking:
- If proposed policy changes are approved, the board will no longer hear appeals from families with students facing expulsion from IPS.
- The terms for new Innovation Network Schools at both RIVERSIDE #44 and KILMER #69 are discussed. Both want to start as a K-2 and grow, yet manage the 3-6 grades during the growth process. Odd.
- Teacher performance grants are coming: Highly effective teachers receive $208 and Effective Teachers receive $190.
- Finally, the superintendent’s contract (which expires JUNE 2017) is being re-negotiated. The proposed contract details are as follows:
Are you interested in any of these topics? The board will meet to discuss them on Tuesday, 2/23, at 6pm. The meeting is held in the board room at 120 E. Walnut, Indianapolis. Voting on these issues will take place Thursday, 2/25, 6pm at the same location. You can also view Thursday’s voting session via live stream at www.myips.org
This is my own personal blog – not intended to represent IPS, any other entity or body and reflect my own thoughts only.
One thought on “February 2016 Agenda”
Just wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for your courage, passion, critical thinking skills, and leadership. You get it! You really do. And the children, along with us IPS teachers thank you! God bless you and your family! Stay strong…but do what is best for your own family–always!
Comments are closed.